VETERANS IN THE WORKFORCE
Specialized, priority employment services are extended to the men and women in the U.S. Armed Forces who have bravely served our country.
All veterans are eligible for priority service, including, but not limited to those returning from active duty, the disabled, or those retiring from the military. A veteran representative at one of our Workforce Solutions Centers can help you navigate the system and connect you to the programs that will best serve your needs.
As a veteran, you may qualify for assistance under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and be eligible for the following programs and services:
- Occupational skills training
- On-the-job training and apprenticeships
- Paid and unpaid work experience (such as internships and job shadowing)
- Supportive services and referrals to assist with employment barriers
In addition to the services offered under the WIA, there are a host of other educational and training opportunities and assistance available to veterans such as the following:
- The Transition Assistance Program (TAP) gives employment and training information to armed forces members within 180 days of separation or retirement. Veteran Focused Job Fairs
- Assessment and career guidance
- Job search assistance
- Assistance with resume, cover letters and interviewing skills
Heartland Workforce Solutions
5752 Ames Plaza
Omaha, NE 68104
Steve McWilliams, DVOP - Email: Steve.McWilliams@nebraska.gov
Nebraska Department of Labor Career Center
5717 F St.
Omaha, NE 68117-2822
Phone: (402) 595 - 3000
Art Davis, DVOP - Email: Art.Davis@nebraska.gov
Harvey Hudson, LVER - Email: Harvey.Hudson@nebraska.gov
Nina Rogers, DVOP - Email: email@example.com