GET CONNECTED TO YOUR NEW WORKFORCE
Businesses today are confronted with multiple market challenges. Finding a qualified workforce is just one. Our goal is to streamline the process of getting you connected to the right people for the right job.
When you work with Heartland Workforce Solutions, our career specialists ask the right questions:
- Tell us about your business—nature, size, scope and more
- What types of jobs do you hire most often
- Which positions are difficult to fill
- Would specialized training programs be beneficial
Gathering the right information help us ascertain how we can best serve your company or organization.
Heartland Workforce Solutions can assist you with many of your employment initiatives such as:
- Creating recruitment strategies
- Access to labor market information
- Writing job descriptions
- Posting jobs (Nebraska Department of Labor - NeWorks website)
- Planning and/or hosting job fairs
- Assessing resumes
- Facilities for interviewing and/or testing
Get connected to your new workforce by contacting Regina Bell at (402) 444-4700.
Heartland Workforce Solutions can also assist your business with:
FUTURE WORKFORCE AND PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT
Heartland Workforce Solutions, as a local host site for the National Fund for Workforce Solutions, is part of an unprecedented initiative of national and local funders whose goal is the career advancement of low-wage workers using a model of substantial employer engagement to increase the potential for successful outcomes.
- Assist low-income workers and job seekers find employment, advance in careers and/or receive a post-secondary or industry recognized credential that will likely lead to job placement and/or advancement.
- Assist local employers find and retain the skilled workers they require to successfully compete in today’s global economy.
- Implement a systems change agenda that significantly improved opportunities for low-wage workers to advance in careers through:
- Employer-led changes in human resources practices.
- Significant improvements to education/training practices.
- Federal, state or local policy changes and/or innovations based on evidence-based research.
We accomplish the above goals by bringing employers together in Workforce Partnerships to understand and address the requisite skills of an entire industry, thereby implementing initiatives with broader impact.
Organize Workforce Partnerships
Workforce partnerships create long-term relationships between employers and HWS. HWS serves as the convener and facilitator, offering job training and career supports that meet the needs of both employees and employers in industry sectors that are central to our local economy.
Develop Strategies for Specific Industry Sectors
Heartland Workforce Solutions’ approach for the National Fund initiative is sector-specific. For example, the expectations of employers in advanced manufacturing are quite different than those of an employer in health care. By focusing on the sectors that are important to the local economy, workforce partnerships can help employers in a sector save money and resources by sharing training expertise and costs.
Current Workforce Partnership & Sector Strategies
- Health Care
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Advanced Manufacturing
For more information on this initiative or to join a sector-specific partnership please call (402) 218-1168.
One Boeing Fund
Open Society Foundations
The Annie E. Casey Foundation
The Corporation for National and Community Service
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
The Hitachi Foundation
The Joyce Foundation
The Kresge Foundation
The Prudential Foundation
The Social Innovation Fund
The Walmart Foundation